Small Farms Events
Join us for a half-day program featuring new technologies and innovations in disease management, vineyard nutrient monitoring, crop estimation, and alternative powered tractors. The event features researchers from Oregon State University (OSU), Washington State University (WSU), and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) who will demonstrate the equipment in use and showcase information about the new technologies and applications in vineyards. Willamette Valley Vineyards (WVV) will provide information on the new Monarch Tractors. Demonstrations and some hands-on activities will be provided.
- 8:30 - 9:00 AM Check-in and refreshments
- 9:00 9:10 AM Introductions Dr. Patty Skinkis, OSU and David Markel, WVV
- 9:10 10:10 AM Demonstration 1: Precision canopy sprayer for improved disease control, presented by Brent ...
Select one class or the whole series. Times 5:30-7:30 pm
- Tarping and Regenerative Agriculture Practices - July 16th
No-till/low-till, Dry Farming - August 23rd
Water Catchment, Swales, Key Line Design, and Drip Irrigation - September 20th
The SOREC Grape Day will be held in the research vineyards at the Southern Oregon Research and Extension Center and will highlight various current and future wine grape research projects in the fields of plant pathology, entomology, and viticulture. The field day is scheduled from 8:30-11:30 am followed by lunch at SOREC. The annual Rogue Valley Winegrowers Association BBQ will be held at 2Hawk Vineyard & Winery and begins at 5 pm with dinner at 6 pm.Read full story.
Concerned about landscape water usage during fire season and drought? Interested in installing a greywater system, but dont know where to start? In this workshop, we will discuss:
- How a household greywater system will help conserve water in times of drought while keeping landscape plants hydrated;
- Assessing your site;
- Designing, building, and operating different greywater systems -- legally, safely, and effectively;
- Oregon DEQ greywater codes and local permits you may need.