Developing a Successful Agritourism Business in Oregon is a new self-paced online course.
Course registration is $20 with scholarships available upon request. If you have questions, please contact the course instructors Audrey Comerford or Melissa Fery.
If you've considered agricultural tourism as an option for your farm business, then this is the class for you. Over the course of this program, you will build an understanding of the multiple elements involved in setting up and managing a successful agritourism enterprise.
These topics include types of agricultural tourism enterprises and how agritourism can become a part of your whole farm business. You will learn about managing risk, understanding legal requirements, marketing your agricultural tourism business, and customer service and hospitality.
At the end, if you decide agricultural tourism is a good fit for your farm business, you will be prepared to move forward on a path that helps you achieve your long-term goals.
In this course you will:
- Become familiar with the wide variety of activities that fall under the general heading of agritourism.
- Determine which agricultural tourism enterprises are a good fit with your farm or ranch business.
- Understand the essential steps in setting up and managing a successful agritourism enterprise.
- Know the legal requirements for agricultural tourism businesses in Oregon and increase your awareness of land use laws at the state and county levels.
- Be able to identify the legal and liability risks of agritourism and how to mitigate them.
- Know what the public expects in terms of customer service and be able to provide a safe and welcoming experience for visitors.
- Complete an Action Plan that will help you begin developing and implementing your agricultural tourism business.