- About Us
- Sponsorship & Vendor Opportunites
Oregon Small Farm News is a free online newsletter that concentrates on both commercial small farm entrepreneurs as well as non-commercial small acreage landowners. Our focus embraces organic/biological and conventional farming systems and emphasizes three areas:
Small Acreage Stewardship - Addressing enterprises, land management and soil and water quality for non-commercial small acreage's.
Commercial Small Farms - Entrepreneurial Agriculture Addressing high value horticulture, livestock and poultry, and alternative crop production emphasizing organic and pasture-based systems and specialty and niche production.
Community Food Systems - Address alternative and specialty marketing through creation and enhancement of local and regional food systems and farm direct marketing channels.
- Time to Speak Up about Food Safety Rules
- OSU Small Farms Program Comments to FDA
- Mark Your Calendar for 2014 Oregon Small Farms Conference
- Working Together: Values-based Food Supply Chain Case Studies
- Southern Oregon Seed Growers Form Association
- From the Ground Up Farming Program
- Seed Remnants of a Willamette Valley Tomato Industry: Saving seed, passing it on, & being present
- Calculating Livestock Winter Hay Needs
- New Small Farms Report: History and Architecture of Benton County Grange Halls
- Small Farm School 2013 Recap
- Reflecting On a First-Year Farm Incubator
Don't Bring Surprises Home From the Fair
U.S Representative Earl Blumnauer Visits Corvallis Area Farmers & Food Advocates
First in Time, First in Right
Resources for a Dry Summer
Dry Farming Vegetables: One farmer’s approach to building soil, conserving water and producing great tasting tomatoes
Composting at Winter Green Farm Improves Soil Health & Protects Water Quality
What’s Holding Back Local Meat?
Ag Water, Soil Amendments, Exemption Conditions Top List of FSMA Concerns
The 13th OSU Small Farms Conference
FSMA & Small Farms: Time to Weight In
Session Videos from the 2013 OSU Small Farms Conference Available Online
From Poulet to Gullet: Poultry Processing at Standing Stone Brewery
You Can, But Should You?
Finding Support through Farmer to Farmer Networking
Notes from the Northwest Farmer-to-Farmer Exchange
MSN.com Slideshow Highlights New Generation of Oregon Farmers
Getting to Yes for Agritourism in Oregon
Strengthening Agriculture’s Infrastructure: Notes from a WSARE Conference in Portland
Pregnant Animal Care
NRCS Helps Fund Seasonal High Tunnels
Winter Farmscaping: Enhancing Riparian Vegetation along Ponds & Waterways
Registration Opens - Training Program For New Urban Farmers
Headwaters Farm Incubator Program: Cultivating the Next Generation of Farm Stewards