- About Us
Oregon Small Farm News is a free online newsletter that concentrates on both commercial small farm entrepreneurs as well as non-commercial small acreage landowners. Our focus embraces organic/biological and conventional farming systems and emphasizes three areas:
- Small Acreage Stewardship - Addressing enterprises, land management and soil and water quality for non-commercial small acreage's.
- Commercial Small Farms - Entrepreneurial Agriculture Addressing high value horticulture, livestock and poultry, and alternative crop production emphasizing organic and pasture-based systems and specialty and niche production.
- Community Food Systems - Address alternative and specialty marketing through creation and enhancement of local and regional food systems and farm direct marketing channels.
- SAVE THE DATE! 2017 OSU Small Farms Conference is February 18th
- Ben Hartman—Author of the Lean Farm, Featured Speaker at 2017 OSU Small Farms Conference
- Re-visiting Conway Family Farm--Camas, WA
- Land Access, Land Succession, and Oregon Agriculture: New research underlines challenges and opportunities
- Field to Market Workshop Series - Fall 2016 Producing and Selling Value-Added Producer Processed Products
- Oregon Community Food Systems Network Launches Website
- Dry Farming Oregon
- NMPAN’s Beginner’s Guide to Local Meat Processing
- FSMA Updates: Farm Direct & More
- Organic Farmer Fights for a Sustainable Future
The OSU Small Farms Conference: 16 Years & Breaking Records
USFDA issues RFC in FR re BSAAO for FSMA PR
Farmers Share Their Farm to School Experiences
Growing Resilience: Water Management Workshop Series
New Technology Available for CSA Farmers Funded by Western SARE
National Animal Health Monitoring System and the 5 Q's
Plant in a Box: A Solution for USDA-Inspected Poultry Processing?
Local Foods and Farm Business Survival and Growth
Food Summit Helps to Connect the Mid-Valley
Scientists Urge New Model for Soil Carbon
Brietenbush Farmer to Farmer: Ahas and Uh-oh!
Field to Fork: An Agricultural Field Day
Poultry Feed Trials at Berggren Demonstration Farm
USDA Does Switcheroo with Grass Fed Label Standard
Want to Identify Crop Specific Costs of Production for Your Farm? Join the 2016 Cost Study Project and Make it Happen!
Northwest Farm Credit’s New Programs for Beginning Farmers
Croptime: Scheduling Vegetables with Degree-Day Models
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV) in Oregon
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV) What Is It?
Jackson County’s Ban on Genetically Engineered Crops Will Stand
Finger Lakes Meat Project: Bringing Back the Meat Locker
Using Sacrifice Areas to Protect Pastures
What Do You Need to Know About FDA’s New FSMA rules?
It’s Just around the Corner: The next Living on a Few Acres Conference
Farmer, Entrepreneur, Soil Scientist, Mechanic, Vet…That’s you!