- About Us
Oregon Small Farm News is a free online newsletter that concentrates on both commercial small farm entrepreneurs as well as non-commercial small acreage landowners. Our focus embraces organic/biological and conventional farming systems and emphasizes three areas:
Small Acreage Stewardship - Addressing enterprises, land management and soil and water quality for non-commercial small acreage's.
Commercial Small Farms - Entrepreneurial Agriculture Addressing high value horticulture, livestock and poultry, and alternative crop production emphasizing organic and pasture-based systems and specialty and niche production.
Community Food Systems - Address alternative and specialty marketing through creation and enhancement of local and regional food systems and farm direct marketing channels.
- Master of Micro-Scale, Biologically Intensive Agriculture to Speak at 2015 Small Farms Conference
- Mark Your Calendar for the 2015 Oregon Small Farms Conference
- Cover Crop Establishment in Western Oregon Vegetables
- New USDA Local Food Directories Announced!
- Public Comments on the Revisions Due to FDA on December 15th
- Pasture Management: Fall Back to Spring Ahead
- Practical Introduction to Cheesemaking
- Regional Conferences Nurture Regional Food Systems
- Crops That Don’t Require Irrigation (and big equipment)
- OSU Offers “Recipe to Market” Series in Southern Oregon
Audacious Plan Continues: Provide More Small Farms Extension PositionsSouthern Oregon's May Election had Farmers on Tenderhooks
Common Misconceptions & Key Points About Dry Farming: Case Study of Dry Farmer With More Than 40 Years of Experience
Food Safety Modernization Act Update
Keeping Veterinary Expenses Low
Mobile Poultry Processing: New Services in the Willamette Valley
Small Farms Conference 2014 Videos
GROW Healthy Food Environments for Oregon's Rural Communities
Relay Seeding Cover Crops in Fall and Winter Harvested Vegetables
Audacious Plan Launched to Provide More Small Farms Extension Positions
New 1000ft2 Organic Fertilizer and Cover Crop Calculator Available
Growing Local Food Businesses for Community Economic Development
Center Participates in CFS Convening
Selling Direct to SNAP Recipients: Strategies for Success
15 Ways to Help Mitigate Drought on your Farm this Season and Beyond
USDA Climate Risks in the Northwest Fact Sheet
What’s up in the North Willamette Valley Small Farms Program this Season?
Food Modernization Act Update
New Network Launches For Transitioning Farmers
Growing Pains to Gains in the Willamette Valley
OSU Creates New Center for Small Farms and Community Food Systems
Michael Ableman: Keynote Speaker for 2014 OSU Oregon Small Farms Conference
Small-Scale Poultry Processing: Mobile & Modular
The Competitive Advantage of "Food from Somewhere"
Fodder for Forage: Fact, Folly, Fable or Fabulous?