- About Us
Oregon Small Farm News is a free online newsletter that concentrates on both commercial small farm entrepreneurs as well as non-commercial small acreage landowners. Our focus embraces organic/biological and conventional farming systems and emphasizes three areas:
Small Acreage Stewardship - Addressing enterprises, land management and soil and water quality for non-commercial small acreage's.
Commercial Small Farms - Entrepreneurial Agriculture Addressing high value horticulture, livestock and poultry, and alternative crop production emphasizing organic and pasture-based systems and specialty and niche production.
Community Food Systems - Address alternative and specialty marketing through creation and enhancement of local and regional food systems and farm direct marketing channels.
- Javier Fernandez-Salvador Joins the OSU Small Farms Program
- New Meat Processing Options in Eastern Oregon
- Innovation Help Vegetable Growers Find That Cover Crop Niche
- Grass-fed Meat School Offered for the First Time in Oregon
- Eastern Oregon Community Food Systems Gathering
- Oregon Farm Link Launches
- Animal Welfare: A Complex Concept
- Food Preservation Classes Feature Locally Grown Produce
- Double Up Food Bucks Launches to Provide More Fresh, Locally Grown Produce to Low-Income Oregonians
- Survey to Identify the Needs of Small-Scale Farms and Urban Animal Agriculture Producers in the Western States of the US: Livestock and Poultry Owners
The OSU Small Farms Conference: 16 Years & Breaking Records
USFDA issues RFC in FR re BSAAO for FSMA PR
Farmers Share Their Farm to School Experiences
Growing Resilience: Water Management Workshop Series
New Technology Available for CSA Farmers Funded by Western SARE
National Animal Health Monitoring System and the 5 Q's
Plant in a Box: A Solution for USDA-Inspected Poultry Processing?
Local Foods and Farm Business Survival and Growth
Women in Sustainable Agriculture Conference
Food Summit Helps to Connect the Mid-Valley
Scientists Urge New Model for Soil Carbon
Brietenbush Farmer to Farmer: Ahas and Uh-oh!
Field to Fork: An Agricultural Field Day
Poultry Feed Trials at Berggren Demonstration Farm
USDA Does Switcheroo with Grass Fed Label Standard
Want to Identify Crop Specific Costs of Production for Your Farm? Join the 2016 Cost Study Project and Make it Happen!
Northwest Farm Credit’s New Programs for Beginning Farmers
Croptime: Scheduling Vegetables with Degree-Day Models
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV) in Oregon
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV) What Is It?
Jackson County’s Ban on Genetically Engineered Crops Will Stand
Finger Lakes Meat Project: Bringing Back the Meat Locker
Using Sacrifice Areas to Protect Pastures
What Do You Need to Know About FDA’s New FSMA rules?
It’s Just around the Corner: The next Living on a Few Acres Conference
Farmer, Entrepreneur, Soil Scientist, Mechanic, Vet…That’s you!