- About Us
Oregon Small Farm News is a free online newsletter that concentrates on both commercial small farm entrepreneurs as well as non-commercial small acreage landowners. Our focus embraces organic/biological and conventional farming systems and emphasizes three areas:
Small Acreage Stewardship - Addressing enterprises, land management and soil and water quality for non-commercial small acreage's.
Commercial Small Farms - Entrepreneurial Agriculture Addressing high value horticulture, livestock and poultry, and alternative crop production emphasizing organic and pasture-based systems and specialty and niche production.
Community Food Systems - Address alternative and specialty marketing through creation and enhancement of local and regional food systems and farm direct marketing channels.
- USDA Does Switcheroo with Grass Fed Label Standard
- 2016 OSU Small Farms Conference
- Want to Identify Crop Specific Costs of Production for Your Farm? Join the 2016 Cost Study Project and Make It Happen!
- Northwest Farm Credit’s New Programs for Beginning Farmers
- Croptime: Scheduling Vegetables with Degree-Day Models
- Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV) in Oregon
- Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV) What Is It?
- Jackson County’s Ban on Genetically Engineered Crops Will Stand
- Finger Lakes Meat Project: Bringing Back the Meat Locker
- Using Sacrifice Areas to Protect Pastures
- What Do You Need to Know About FDA’s New FSMA rules?
- It’s Just around the Corner: The next Living on a Few Acres Conference
- Farmer, Entrepreneur, Soil Scientist, Mechanic, Vet…That’s you!