- About Us
Oregon Small Farm News is a free online newsletter that concentrates on both commercial small farm entrepreneurs as well as non-commercial small acreage landowners. Our focus embraces organic/biological and conventional farming systems and emphasizes three areas:
Small Acreage Stewardship - Addressing enterprises, land management and soil and water quality for non-commercial small acreage's.
Commercial Small Farms - Entrepreneurial Agriculture Addressing high value horticulture, livestock and poultry, and alternative crop production emphasizing organic and pasture-based systems and specialty and niche production.
Community Food Systems - Address alternative and specialty marketing through creation and enhancement of local and regional food systems and farm direct marketing channels.
- New 1000ft2 Organic Fertilizer and Cover Crop Calculator Available
- Growing Local Food Businesses for Community Economic Development
- Center Participates in CFS Convening
- Selling Direct to SNAP Recipients: Strategies for Success
- Pregnancy Ketosis
- 15 Ways to Help Mitigate Drought on your Farm this Season and Beyond
- Climate Risks in the Northwest
- What’s up in the North Willamette Valley Small Farms Program this Season?
- Food Modernization Act Update
- New Network Launches For Transitioning Farmers
- Growing Pains in the Willamette Valley
- Food Safety Train the Trainer Workshops
OSU Creates New Center for Small Farms and Community Food Systems
Michael Ableman: Keynote Speaker for 2014 OSU Oregon Small Farms Conference
Small-Scale Poultry Processing: Mobile & Modular
The Competitive Advantage of "Food from Somewhere"
Fodder for Forage: Fact, Folly, Fable or Fabulous?